Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Quentinn
Contributor III
Contributor III

Canonical Calendar with multiple keys and hierarchy

Hi everyone,

my ultimate goal is to create a canonical calendar which still interacts with the data as a (that is, making selection etc)

my data is structured like this:

Sample:
- sampleid, registrationdate, validationdate and validationenddate

Subsample:

- subsampleid, sampleid, createddate

Slide:

- slideid, subsampleid, cutdate, scanneddate

Antibodyexecution:

- antibodyexecutiondate

structure is like this: a sample is devised in multiple sub samples, and a subsample is devised in multiple slide (clear hierarchical relationship). The antibodyexecutiontable is a bit special: some slides have a certain antibodyexecution

could someone please help me in creating a suitable canonical calendar for this? It’ s something I haven’t been able to find out. It would help tremendously. I was successful creating a canonical calendar without including the id references, so that calendar works, but doesn’t link to the data as it should

7 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, did you follow this example?: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Canonical-Date/ba-p/1463578

Note that ther is a DateType field, and this one need to be used in expression to chosee the date it has to applied.

You can use a variable so the user can selct the date in some charts, and use an expression like:  Sum({$<DateType={'$(vDateType)'}>} Amount)

Quentinn
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi there,

Yes i understand the logica behind canonical calendar. However, the post uses An example with a 2 level hierarchy (orders have multiple orderlines), i have a case with 3 levels (sample have multiple subsamples and on its turn multiple slides).

Any insight on how to do this?

rubenmarin

Hi, if an slide belongs to a single subsample, and that subsaple belongs to a single sample, the 'DateBridge' table would relate with the slideID with each date, this Id will tell wich subsample and wich sample it's related.

Maybe a capture with the relationship model can help me to see the difference or the complications to apply the canonical.

Quentinn
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

model.PNG

Quentinn
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This is a very simplified version of the model, however, i don't know how to apply canonical date to this relationship. It would be very benificial for me to be a able to build a canonical master calendar ( i have gotten this far) and also integrate the keys/ relationship into this, so i'm able to make selection

Quentinn
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Does anyone have an answer/tips? It would help LOADS

vikasmahajan

Hello,

Refer Link Table solution in below link :

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Dev/Advantages-of-Link-Table/td-p/573849

Thanks

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.