Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcampbell
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Changing Dimension Value in LoadScript

I have a dimension called [System ID] which has a value of 1 to 15. Each of those numerical values actually represent a unique system and I'd like the dimension to display the name instead of the ID. In SQL Server I only have the ID not Name. Is there a way in the LoadScript, or otherwise, to change the value of each? For example, when [Record ID] = '1' change it to 'System Name 01'. 

Thanks for any suggestions!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

If you know the names you can create an inline table in the script to create a new table that you can use as the dimension that will understand the data from the perspective of each system. Another solution would be to use a mapping table to bring that name into the other table.

The code to create an inline table would be:

SystemNames:
Load * inline [
System ID, System Name
1, System Name 01
2, System Name 02
12, System Name 12
];

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

If you know the names you can create an inline table in the script to create a new table that you can use as the dimension that will understand the data from the perspective of each system. Another solution would be to use a mapping table to bring that name into the other table.

The code to create an inline table would be:

SystemNames:
Load * inline [
System ID, System Name
1, System Name 01
2, System Name 02
12, System Name 12
];