Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carlcimino
Creator II
Creator II

Chart Title Expression Update With Drill-Dimension and getselectedcount()

Hello I have a drill dimension with >2 dimensions (image below).  I'd like  to get the chart title reflect the level of the drill group the user is in.  Trying to utilize getselectedcount() unsuccessfully for levels below the 2nd dimension in the drill dimension.  Any help would be appreciated.

carlcimino_0-1648066432138.png

I have this as the expression below in the Subtitle but can't seem to get it to work for any level below the 2nd one.  I've tried all sorts of variations of the GetSelectedCount.

Level 1 = [Segment Group]

Level 2 = [IT Group]

Level 3 = [Tower]

Level 4 = [Sub Tower]

Level 5 = [Cost Center Name]

=if(GetSelectedCount([Segment Group])=0,'Segment Group ',
if(GetSelectedCount([Segment Group])=1,'IT Group '))

carlcimino_2-1648066516716.png

Labels (2)
2 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

unfortunately there is no equivalent for getcurrentfield() in qliksense

you can use variables instead and change your approach

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/Qlik-Sense-SaaS-Dimension-Variable-amp-If-Else/m-p/1...

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
carlcimino
Creator II
Creator II
Author

using variables to change the dimension is fine if you are equating the approach to a cyclic group.  The requirement is a drill group just like users are used to with QV behavior.  Wouldn't what you suggest introduce an unnecessary button click on the end users part to filter before selecting the next dimension to see.  how would you do what you suggest with pick/match/variable and fulfill the drill group requirement without changing the end user behavior?