Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seraphis
Contributor III
Contributor III

Code not working

Hi,

I have fields as stated below. When the AssetSerial is present only once, the AssetCountFlag is 0 but when it is present more than once the AssetCountFlag is 1. However, since the data is in ascending order of case open date, the first instance (the oldest case open data) should show 0 and then the repeating AssetSerial can show 1.  Please see the code that I have written to make the first instance 0. 

Case4:
Load *, if(Case_Flat_Case.Asset_Serial_Number <> Previous(Case_Flat_Case.Asset_Serial_Number),
 0, 1) as AssetCountFinalFlag (new flag I am creating)
Resident Case1
Order By Case_Flat_Case.Asset_Serial_Number,Case_Flat_Case.Date_Time_Opened asc;

When this code runs I find that AssetSerials that are present even once are getting duplicated with AssetCountFinalFlag as 0 in the first row and 1 in the next row. Also, the first row of the AssetSerialNumbers (more than one present) is getting duplicated with 0 in the first row and 1 in the next rows. The next rows are all coming okay.  Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how I can rectify this? 

AssetSerial       AssetCountFlag                                                       Case Open Date(in asc order)         

ASD4567                      1  should become 0
ASD4567                      1
AWE7899                     0
AKL9000                      0
AZX3478                      1 should become 0
AZX3478                      1 

Labels (1)
3 Replies
MayilVahanan

HI @seraphis 

Try like below

Load *, if(Case_Flat_Case.Asset_Serial_Number <> Previous(Case_Flat_Case.Asset_Serial_Number),0, 1) as AssetCountFlag
Resident Case1 order  by Case_Flat_Case.Asset_Serial_Number, [Case Open Date] ;

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
seraphis
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Not working...still getting the duplicates as earlier.

MayilVahanan

HI @seraphis 

Can you send the sample data or sample Qv file?

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.