cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomHollandKB
Contributor II
Contributor II

Colouring rows on pivot table

I have a pivot table, the rows are from an inline table, measures are expressions based on the row (each row has a different expression).

I need to colour certain rows but not all, based on the dimension. For example, I need GM1 and GM1% (Gross Margin) to be  background colour blue in both the Dimension (row) field, and the Measure fields

Example below of the inline load, "Total" field is where the dimension is defined.

I've tried some different background colour expressions within the appearance settings which don't seem to be working.

I should mention that i'm using VizLib extension. 

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

[TotalsGroups]:

Load * Inline [

Category, Catno, Total, Totalno
Sales, 1, Total Invoiced Sales, 1
Sales, 1, Total POC Adjustment, 2
Sales, 1, Total Sales, 3
Sales, 1, Total COS, 4
Margin, 2, GM1, 5
Margin, 2, GM1%, 6

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
deepanshuSh
Creator III
Creator III

I am not sure about the vizilb extension, but in the normal pivot table we can color using the background color expression, if (count (Phone)>0, rgb(128,0,0)) I have used phone as measure and dimension both. 

Screenshot 2022-09-26 at 10.37.29 PM.png

Trial and error is the key to get unexpected results.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
deepanshuSh
Creator III
Creator III

I am not sure about the vizilb extension, but in the normal pivot table we can color using the background color expression, if (count (Phone)>0, rgb(128,0,0)) I have used phone as measure and dimension both. 

Screenshot 2022-09-26 at 10.37.29 PM.png

Trial and error is the key to get unexpected results.
TomHollandKB
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you Deepan,

I have successfully coloured the rows within expression, was getting lost in all of the settings before.

Thanks!