Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LorenaGSaar
Contributor II
Contributor II

Comparing only what exists from one table.

Hello Community 😊!

I have one silly question about how to better check if one record exists from one specific table.

Example, let's suppose I have the table A, which has the content for my closed month.

LorenaGSaar_0-1644942017116.png

Then, I have my table B, witch has the content of my daily export:

LorenaGSaar_1-1644942370216.png

As you can see from my example, in orange is the values that has been updated, and in green what has been included on data base.

So I need to compare Table B with Table A, and create like a status when I have updated columns (and what exaclty has been changed), and when I have a new rows.

Today my solution is not 100% correct, and I think I didn't do in the better way.

For each column I'm comparing with my previous table, and creating a new column with my status.

I did so far some apply map with Keys on Table B, to compare with table A example:

Map_1:

LOAD Column1&Column2&Column3,

Columns4

Resident Table A

Table B:

LOAD *,

If(Column_4 = Column_4_old, 'Not updated', 'Updated') as Column_4_Val

LOAD *,

applymap('Map_1', Column1&Column2&Column3, 'N/A') as Column_4_old 

from Table B

But in my current table I have plenty of columns and a lot of combinations as well.

Is there any better way to solve what I'm looking for?

Thank you all for your support! 😁

Labels (1)
1 Reply
SBDataspark
Creator
Creator

Hi there LorenaGSaar,

Does your database table contain a column with a created and or a modified date?
If that's the case you might use that to compare it to the current datetime of the reload of your Qlik app based on this help document:
Loading new and updated records with incremental load ‒ Qlik Sense on Windows

Kind regards,

Sebb