Complex requirement from users: Show customers interested in buying a product based on selected features? Two tables are not linked
I have a slightly complex requirement from the users.
We have some data about products that should be sold by a certain date.
We then have another table where we have customers interested in buying a product with certain characteristics.
The two tables are not linked in any way.
For example the Product table could have:
We then have Customers Interested table which has:
What users want is to be able identify customers interested buying a certain product based on the selections from the Products table.
Examples of use cases:
1) If a user selects one or more ProductType from Product table, it should show customers interested in buying those products based on matching values in the ProductInterestedIn table.
2) If a user selects a SellingPrice, it should show customers interested in buying products within the selected value using info from MinimumBuyingPrice and MaximumBuyingPrice.
3) If a user selects a Material value from Products table, it should show customers interested in those materials using values from Material1Interest or Material2Interest.
4) If a user selects a Country from Products table, show customers with matching values in the Country field from the Customers Interested table.
5) Users might select from more than one field in the Products table, so customers from Customers Interested table should be shown accordingly.
Note: I am pretty sure their requirements will change and they will start asking for selections to work the other way around as well, e.g. make some selections on field values from Customer Interested table and see relating values from appropriate fields in the Product table.