Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bdroesch
Contributor
Contributor

Configuring a Dependent Task That Waits For a Time Period

I have an app that runs daily at 6:30 AM which reloads my core Data Model that is leveraged from other apps via binary loads.

One of my apps that does a binary load from Data Model app, reads in the Data Model using binary load and then drops a series of excel files.  I would like to set up a "Task Event" trigger so that it will reload only if the Data Model app reload was successful.  But it is not necessary for my second reload to run immediately after the first app reloads successfully. In fact, I'd rather it run later because I have a lot of other tasks that run between 6:30 AM and 7:30 AM.

Is it possible to create a "Task Event" trigger that waits for a certain period of time? For example, if my Data Model app reloads from 6:30 AM to 6:45 AM can I have my other app wait 1 hour and reload at 7:45 AM?  Is this an instance where I should use the "Sleep" function? If so, does the Sleep function not draw a lot of CPU?

Thank you,

Brian

0 Replies