Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aviad
Contributor
Contributor

Copying(concatenating?) from one excel source file to a destination excel files (sorted by a field)

Hi everyone.

Been struggling with writing this code: Try to imagine it's a computers store that sells only three products - computer, cordless mouse and a keyboard. It wants to capture data from a general Orders table (on a daily basis), and concatenate it to three existing different tables in a folder- according to the product type.

I want to run a query on a daily basis that will automate manual process and will do:

clipboard_image_3.png

1.  Loading records  from a Source file  in a cloud based excel file/table with the date of yesterday (today() - 1 ?)

**the source file has many tabs in it, the source table is located in a tab called "orders".

2. Taking the records from yesterday date and paste (concatenate?) them to another destination file on a cloud based folder. The destination table has the exact same structure (four fields). The catchy part is that there are three different tabs in the destination excel file, stratified to three different tables:

3. I was trying to:

Source_computer:

LOAD

Product type,

barcode,

product name/model,

date

from [lib://C/onecloud/source file.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is [orders])

Where "date" = today()-1 and Product type= 'computer';

Source_cordless_mouse:

LOAD

Product type,

barcode,

product name/model,

date

Where "date" = today()-1 and Product type= 'cordless mouse';

Source_keyboard:

LOAD

Product type,

barcode,

product name/model,

date

Where "date" = today()-1 and Product type= 'keyboard';

4. Now I need to concatenate/paste three different temporary tables at the bottom of the three different tables (destination file) by loading each table at each tab (in the destination file) and then concatenate. I think you got the gist 🙂

The codes are not running properly and moreover there's another question: does Qlik Sense can make concatenations to existing destination excel files ?

Many thanks !! 

0 Replies