Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SDT
Creator
Creator

Create an Open Orders chart with multiple dates per fact record

I learned a lot (no where near enough) on these forums and I'm hoping someone can help with the latest problem. I have a fact table with multiple dates per fact. The unique fact key is WorkOrder and I have used a bridge table to connect the facts to a fiscal calendar. I also have an as-of calendar for rolling rate of change calculations.

I cannot figure out how to create a line or bar chart showing the $ value of open (sum(OpenOrInvoicedAmt) orders on a given day in the fiscal calendar. It has been driving me quite mad as it seems like this would be simple. I bet it could be done in Excel by listing all the fiscal calendar dates and doing a SUMIFS statement with the OrderDate and ShipDate.

To complicate matters, the ShipDate is null for orders not yet shipped as of the last data load.

Please help me see what I am missing ?!?!

SDT_0-1586890782561.png

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SDT
Creator
Creator
Author

I have to credit Joe Ho and Rob Mohr from Qlik for this solution.

I created a stand alone canonical calendar (a data island) and used a Cartesian join to find open orders on dates in that calendar. Dimension and Measure are below.

X-Axis dimension only showing working days:

=IF(CCDate<=(Today(0)-1) and MATCH(CCDate,$(vHolidays))=0,CCDate) 

Y-Axis Open orders on each day:

sum({$<CMorOrder={'Work Order'}>} (OrderDate <= CCDate and ShipDate >= CCDate)*-1)
+
sum({$<CMorOrder={'Work Order'}>} (OrderDate <= CCDate and isnull(ShipDate))*-1)

This of course works for any of the other values associated with the order number. Simply multiple by the value at the end of the Cartesian join.

Enjoy!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
SDT
Creator
Creator
Author

I have to credit Joe Ho and Rob Mohr from Qlik for this solution.

I created a stand alone canonical calendar (a data island) and used a Cartesian join to find open orders on dates in that calendar. Dimension and Measure are below.

X-Axis dimension only showing working days:

=IF(CCDate<=(Today(0)-1) and MATCH(CCDate,$(vHolidays))=0,CCDate) 

Y-Axis Open orders on each day:

sum({$<CMorOrder={'Work Order'}>} (OrderDate <= CCDate and ShipDate >= CCDate)*-1)
+
sum({$<CMorOrder={'Work Order'}>} (OrderDate <= CCDate and isnull(ShipDate))*-1)

This of course works for any of the other values associated with the order number. Simply multiple by the value at the end of the Cartesian join.

Enjoy!