cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richnorris
Creator II
Creator II

Create multiple dashboards from a template

Hi, I'm trying to do something in Sense that I found very straightforward in View, but I'm not sure if it's possible.

The problem is : I have a dashboard, that I want copies of for different clients, each of which will only load their data. I do not want to use section access on one large file. I want all the copies to have the same name.

I want to only edit the one template dashboard and then propagate it out, I do not want to work on separate files.  

I want the different copies to load different config scripts, to enable / disable certain features within their version of the dashboard, and to specify where their data is stored.

Now with QlikView, I would just have a template file, and create folders for the various clients, and then use a batch script to copy out the template file to the various folders. In those folders I could have separate config files, and the dashboard would reference the location relative to itself. 

In QlikSense, I am struggling. The first problem is writing a script to copy the template and publish it to each relevant stream. I don't really know how I'd go about this. 

The second problem is then referencing different config files for each version. I feel like there's probably some way you could do it with app_id?

Any help would be massively appreciated!  

0 Replies