Contributor II
Contributor II

Create sub columns for a specific value in a pivot table

I have created a pivot table as follows:

Row 1 (+)Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
Row 2 (-)valvalval
    Row 2avalvalval
    Row 2bvalvalval

The above table contains 2 dimensions under rows and 1 dimension under column and 1 measure to display the values.

I want to add the 2nd column which must be represented only for Column 2 and not the other two columns (Column 1 and Column 3)

It should look like this:

Row 1 (+)Column 1 Column 2 (+)Column 3
Row 2 (-)valvalval
    Row 2avalvalval
    Row 2bvalvalval

Row 1 (+)Column 1 Column 2 (-)Column 2aColumn 2bColumn 3
Row 2 (-)valvalvalvalval
    Row 2avalvalvalvalval
    Row 2bvalvalvalvalval
4 Replies
Prashant_Naik
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi,

You can try this,

Load a inline table with 2 columns

load * inline [

H1,H2

A, 

B,B1

B,B2

B,B3

C, 

];

after loading the table take you row dimensions and take a measure and add H1 as first column dimension and H2 as second and you can achieve this view.

But you will see +(expand sign) to all 3 columns but when you expand it, it will only expand column B section.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Prashant

AndrewHughes
Partner - Contributor III

This is very difficult to do in Qlik. The fastest solution will be to simply add another dimension to the pivot columns. If column 1 and 3 don't have any values the dimension will appear as (-) and keep columns 1 & 3 aggregated.

Supriya4
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Well, i was able to do something of this sort. As you mentioned, the (+) is seen on all the 3 columns although the data is present only for column 2.

Isn't there a way to hide the (+) for other 2 columns. The null value loses the effective readability of this pivot table.

AndrewHughes

By selecting the dimension and then deselecting "Show Null Values" you may be able to hide these columns.