Qlik Community

Ask a Question

App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
April 22, 2PM EST: Learn about GeoOperations in Qlik Sense SaaS READ MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Supriya4
Contributor II
Contributor II

Create sub columns for a specific value in a pivot table

I have created a pivot table as follows:

Row 1 (+)Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
Row 2 (-)valvalval
    Row 2avalvalval
    Row 2bvalvalval

The above table contains 2 dimensions under rows and 1 dimension under column and 1 measure to display the values.

I want to add the 2nd column which must be represented only for Column 2 and not the other two columns (Column 1 and Column 3)

It should look like this:

Row 1 (+)Column 1 Column 2 (+)Column 3
Row 2 (-)valvalval
    Row 2avalvalval
    Row 2bvalvalval

Row 1 (+)Column 1 Column 2 (-)Column 2aColumn 2bColumn 3
Row 2 (-)valvalvalvalval
    Row 2avalvalvalvalval
    Row 2bvalvalvalvalval
4 Replies
Prashant_Naik
Partner
Partner

Hi,

You can try this,

Load a inline table with 2 columns

load * inline [

H1,H2

A, 

B,B1

B,B2

B,B3

C, 

];

after loading the table take you row dimensions and take a measure and add H1 as first column dimension and H2 as second and you can achieve this view.

But you will see +(expand sign) to all 3 columns but when you expand it, it will only expand column B section.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Prashant

AndrewHughes
Partner
Partner

This is very difficult to do in Qlik. The fastest solution will be to simply add another dimension to the pivot columns. If column 1 and 3 don't have any values the dimension will appear as (-) and keep columns 1 & 3 aggregated.

Supriya4
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Well, i was able to do something of this sort. As you mentioned, the (+) is seen on all the 3 columns although the data is present only for column 2.

Isn't there a way to hide the (+) for other 2 columns. The null value loses the effective readability of this pivot table.

AndrewHughes
Partner
Partner

By selecting the dimension and then deselecting "Show Null Values" you may be able to hide these columns.