Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jacopier
Contributor
Contributor

Creating a Gantt chart in QlikSense

In the video "Creating a Gantt Chart in Clik Sense", it is said that it is possible to generate such a chart in Qlik. When I apply the recipe, I dont have the expected result. All my bar begin on the Y axis instead of on the date the task has begin. I dont know what I am maissing. Did not find any answer in the community. We do not want to use any extension for this exercise but do the whole chart directly with the included Clik Sense tools. It is my first support request. What do I need to provide to you in order to find a solution? Thanks in advance

4 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

jacopier ,

I have attached a sample QVW that should help you.  Also, I think your issue is the Orientation of the bars. See below. 

clipboard_image_0.png

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
jacopier
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you for your answer Bill. Unfortunately, the preview you showed me is exactly waht I get on my Gantt chart (all bars begining at the Y axis). What I am looking for is more like the example given in the video Qlik produced.

I tried to load an image but I received the following error message:

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed.

The link to the video is this:

Wlad_Masi
Employee
Employee

Did you set the range correctly?
Can you please send us your qvf with the sample data so we can check it for you?

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.
jacopier
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Wlad,

attached you will find the data set I am using to generate the Gantt chart. It is in french but the column you will be looking for are:

task = Desc_Jalon
Duration = Duree
Start_Date = Date_Debut

In order to send you my QVT, can you provide a step-by-step guide in order to achieve that? Do I need to have access to the QMC ?

Thanks in advance,

Pierre Jacob