cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Edgar_Koster
Contributor II
Contributor II

Creation of Qlick Sense Enterprise backup without data

We have a Qlik Sense Enterprise installation we use for development. Now I want to make a backup procedure so we don't just use the save app as way as backup but have an actual backup somewhere. I've two questions here.

1. The way to make a backup is described here. This is speaking of a 'Repository database' and then it says it contains configuration data. Now how do I exclude data collected via data connectors? I want the configuration of a dataconnector, all things like charts/dashboards/user connectors/users/roles but do not want any data. I've the feeling that the described method is backing up data too.

2. Can you somehow save app configurations to file to put it in SVN or something?

[EDIT]

For now I'm backing up the db and server locations.  I'll investigate other options later

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The repository database does not contain business data, only configuration data. The apps that are stored in the Apps directory in the share that is used by Qlik Sense do contain business data.

Perhaps you can use this for source control of the app definitions: https://github.com/eapowertools/qmcu-sclite#qmcu-sclite

Otherwise you can take a look at tools like Platform Manager, WIP, Soterre or Qlik Version Control and Sync

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
PlatformManager-JvV
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Edgar,

I'm Jorik van Voorthuizen and I'm from PlatformManager. I saw your post and this is something more of our clients struggle with. Maybe we can schedule a call so we can talk about your situation and how we can fix this. If you can reach out to me on jvoorthuizen@in4bi.com we can connect.

Best regards, 

Jorik van Voorthuizen