Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jazzsran
Partner - Contributor III

Cumulative Sum in stacked Bar Chart in QlikSense

Hi,

I have stacked barchart, with two dimensions country and YearMonth and a measure sum(Sales) but for each country the source for sales is different, also the field names are different. suppose sales1 and sales2

I am using if statement on country to guide to the correct calculative statement which is working fine.

if(country='J',sum(sales1),if(country='I',Sum(Sales2)))

Now, there is a requirement that one of sales is already cumulative other should be calculated in the chart.

When I apply this formula only on that country it works fine, but when I add it in the If statement related data just disappeared and country from the chart.

if(country='J',sum(sales1),if(country='I',Aggr(RangeSum(Above(Sum(sales2), 0, RowNo())),YearMonth)))

Could anyone please guide me?

Thanks

Labels (2)
4 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, I'm not sure but maybe adding country to the aggr():

Aggr(RangeSum(Above(Sum(sales2), 0, RowNo())),YearMonth,Country)

jazzsran
Author

Hi,

No, it doesn't work as country is one of the dimension for the bar chart.

Issue is if I select any country the bar chart selects it and it works fine.

but with the expression in the measure for the bar chart:

if(country='J',sum(sales1),if(country='I',Aggr(RangeSum(Above(Sum(sales2), 0, RowNo())),YearMonth)))

The country 'I' disappears rest is shown. However still with this if I select 'I' from filters, the data appears in the same bar chart. very strange...

normally:

jazzsran_0-1687163353373.png

when filter on 'I', only "I" appears:

jazzsran_1-1687163415044.png

is it possible Rangesum or Aggr doesn't work in If statements?

I am thinking of calculating the cumulative sum in the script for 'I' as well, others are already cumulative.

Thanks,

barnabyd
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

G'day @jazzsran,

I would bypass the problem by creating a new column in the load script according to your formula ...

rangesum( sales1, Sales2, ... ) as Sales

Then the expression in the chart becomes a normal aggregation.

I hope this helps. Cheers, Barnaby.

Barnaby Dunn
BI Consultant
jazzsran
Author

Hi,

Sorry for late reply.

@barnabyd , while your solution might work, I actually created a cumulated sum for another Sales as well and displayed on the chart. It worked fine.

Thanks