Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Damaged/Corrupted Qlik Sense Application

Hello,

This morning for an unknown reason, my main application on my Qlik Sense server is unavailable.  The error message says that the file is corrupted/damaged.

I tried to export the application or to duplicate it without success.  In the QMC I received a "Internal error, check the log file" error.  I didn't find much in the logs :

• log/repository/managementConsoleLogFile :

"GenericServerError: Internal error [LOCERR_INTERNAL_ERROR]:Internal error()"

• log/engine/system_enginLogFile :

"DOC loading: Exception while loading document B9644CFA-2357-4475-9494-695A3FD6CAFF, possibly corrupt file"

I don't know why this is happening and how to retrieve some data from this application, at least the data model load script ! I tried to duplicate the application, export it, copy/paste it manually and import it into Qlik Sense Desktop, reload the data via QMC but nothing works.  Everytime I have a "Error, check the log please" message.

Thanks

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I had this error on Qlik Sense Desktop when i ran out of free disk space.

Not applicable
Author

I checked and it is not that... I don't understand how this application was damaged..

Not applicable
Author

Can you try to reload with a backup of the source data ?

Not applicable
Author

Is there an automatic backup of the source data ? I didn't make any backup of my application and I don't know how to recover at least the data model script..

Not applicable
Author

Sorry I thought you could reload the script via QMC (I misread)

When my application has been damaged , I had to do it again from scratch (i tried to load the QVF file in notepad++ but only see fragments of SQL SELECT).

I deduced that using the include statement and/or often save application file could be some good practices.

As a user of Qlik Sense Server, perhaps you have access at the Qlik Support ?

Courage !

Not applicable
Author

I also experienced this problem. And it's frustrating when it happens. I am developing on a server with little resources and I think that's the problem. The log file doesn't help much.

Luckely I used $(Include =filename) to load my application from a text file.

After this happens I have manually backuped all my apps and always duplicate published apps.

Really hope version control and/or an easy way to backup all your applications will be added in the next release.