Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AK13
Contributor
Contributor

Data Association Dismisses Non-associated Entries

Hi Everyone,

After creating a data association between two tables, I noticed that rows that were not associated are not included in calculations (sum, count, etc.) done in my Qlik application.

I am trying to sum a sales value, and it needs to include the entire dollar value regardless of whether the association with the other table exists or not. How can I do this?

Thanks

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

For the total Sales values, you can use the TOTAL qualifier to ignore dimensions. Also you can use the {1} in set analysis to ignore selections.

eg Sum({1} TOTAL Sales)

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2020/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/ChartFunctions/define-ag...

AK13
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Lisa,
Thank you for your reply. I am not trying to ignore any dimensions or selections.
The issue is that not all the data in my sales table is available for aggregation after I associate it with my other table. Only rows with associations found pass through for me to aggregate.
I still want to be able to filter my data accordingly, but I want my sum to include the dollar value for products sold even if there is not reference to them in the other table.
Thanks
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

This sounds like a data model issue.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

If you are using a field from one table as dimension in a chart and one field from another table in expression/measure, you might notice such issue. We could think of a possible solution here. However, it would be helpful for us here to help you if you could explain the issue and expected output with a sample app.