Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GuidoPgl
Contributor II
Contributor II

Data connection name update

Hello,

I use QlikSense version August 2021 Patch 3 - 14.28.9

I'm facing a very annoying problem when I try to change data connection name. Following I describe the steps that I perform every time:

1) from an application in the HUB, I create a new data connection (eg. MY_CONNECTION_NAME )

2) the system automatically appends the identification of my user to the string representing the name of the connection that I created: MY_CONNECTION_NAME (user @ xxx)

3) Then I move to the QMC, I look for the connection I have just created, I edit it by changing its name. I eliminate (from the name) the reference to my user "(user @ xxx)".

4) Finally I save the changes.

At this point from the QMC, if I move to "Data Connections" menu I see the new data connection name MY_CONNECTION_NAME. If I come back to the application in the HUB I still see the old connection name MY_CONNECTION_NAME (user @ xxx).

Today I discover that if I duplicate the app, then I publish it, when I move to the "load data editor" of the published copy I see from the data connection list the new connection name while from the original copy of my app in my workspace I see the old connection name XD

I already tried every suggestion published inside the community (logoff and then login again, create connection from remote desktop from the server.... ecc) but no one of those solutions works

Can anyone explain me how I can resolve this problem or at least how can I around it?

Labels (1)
8 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, after editing the name in qmc, if you refresh the load editor page, it should show only the edited name, if you don't refresh it uses the old connection name already loaded.

Note that if you enter the edit connection mode from the script editor and save changes, it will add the "(user @ xxx)" again.

GuidoPgl
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @rubenmarin thank you for your support.

I did not write the refresh operation of the load script in the description of the problem just because I took it for granted.
Unfortunately it doesn't work.

Any other suggestions will be appreciated

rubenmarin

Hi, I've never found that situation, when I change the name of a data conection it changes in all apps, the list of data connections on the right side of the script editor shows the data connections as they are in the qmc.

If you are sure that you see connections on hub that doesn't exists on qmc (And you have permission to see all data connecions on qmc), then maybe is something to report to support.

GuidoPgl
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @rubenmarin 

yes of course I have all the permissions I need because I am the system administrator (RootAdmin).

Can you explain me better what you mean for "report to support"? Sorry but I am new to Qlik.

rubenmarin

Hi, I mean to open a support case, if you are a customer or a partner you can open one in https://community.qlik.com/t5/crmsupport/page

cjgorrin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Did you ever manage to find out what was happening? We are having the same problem and my guess is that our reverse proxy is caching some requests. However, I cannot find exactly which request is getting the data connections from the server.

cjgorrin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Just to provide an update.

We had experienced this issue for ages, never knowing why it happened. We inspected the traffic and it could not be a proxy cache because the information about data connections in the Data Load Editor are passed via Websocket.

After trying many things, we finally managed to reproduce the issue. It is due to having two data load editors open at the same time in different tabs and then changing the name in the QMC. The issue has been reported to Qlik with support ticket 00147307.

J8
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi All,

Has anyone found solution to this problem? 

We are facing the same issue with May 2024 Patch 2 version of qlik.  The app I used to create the data connection has my name attached to it.  I updated it in QMC to eliminate name tag and F5.  Went back to data load editor and F5; data connection with name tag remains there.  But if I open a different app and go to data load editor, the data connection is as expected - data connection without the name tag.  This is an odd behavior.