Qlik Community

Ask a Question

App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
Join us for a live Q&A! September 21, 10 AM ET - Onboarding Fast in Qlik Sense SaaS! REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mayhem2001
Contributor
Contributor

Data extraction from Hive

Hi all,
I need help regarding filtering Hive data on Hive side while loading it to Qlik Sense.

I'm connected to database, I can see and extract the data if I'm not using any filters. However if I apply some Where clauses I'm getting errors. For example if I put filter on field opco on database side I'm getting error:

LIB CONNECT TO 'db_Hive';

[kpis_daily_summary]:

LOAD 
opco,
platform,
eventdate;

SELECT
opco,
platform,
eventdate
FROM mplus.[kpis_daily_summary]
Where opco = 'DE';

But if I use the where clause on Qlik side it works. I also tried using Where opco LIKE '%DE%' and still didn't work.

On the other hand the only filter that seems to work is on eventdate if i put it like this Where eventdate = '2020-01-30' but it is looking at it as a string and not date field.
And that leads me to next problem.  "eventdate" is a date field in Hive table and for some reason is imported as string to Qlik and for me to filter it again on Hive side I can't because no converting string to date function works there. 

The reason I want to perform the filtering on Hive side is because it is a huge data set multi billion records and I want to import only what I need to Qlik and let Hive do a hard part.

Can someone help me with this issue?

Thank you in advance.

Labels (5)
0 Replies