Hi all, I need help regarding filtering Hive data on Hive side while loading it to Qlik Sense.
I'm connected to database, I can see and extract the data if I'm not using any filters. However if I apply some Where clauses I'm getting errors. For example if I put filter on field opco on database side I'm getting error:
LIB CONNECT TO 'db_Hive';
LOAD opco, platform, eventdate;
SELECT opco, platform, eventdate FROM mplus.[kpis_daily_summary] Where opco = 'DE';
But if I use the where clause on Qlik side it works. I also tried using Where opco LIKE '%DE%' and still didn't work.
On the other hand the only filter that seems to work is on eventdate if i put it like this Where eventdate = '2020-01-30' but it is looking at it as a string and not date field. And that leads me to next problem. "eventdate" is a date field in Hive table and for some reason is imported as string to Qlik and for me to filter it again on Hive side I can't because no converting string to date function works there.
The reason I want to perform the filtering on Hive side is because it is a huge data set multi billion records and I want to import only what I need to Qlik and let Hive do a hard part.