Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MatthewShirey
Contributor
Contributor

Date Formatting

Hello everyone,

I have a quick question I am looking to get solved here.  I am building an app with multiple visualizations and one of the visualization has recurring data that populates every month. I am looking to see if anyone knows how I can format the date field to display as most recent date.  

For instance, I have data from April 2021 that I want as a data point on the far right of my line graph, but I cannot seem to get it to display like that. Does anyone know a work around here? Thank you so much in advance! 

1 Reply
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

Since you didn't provide an example illustration, I'm guessing that perhaps your data is actually TEXT values so "April 2021" shows up before "January 2021." 

If that is what is happening you can take advantage of the DUAL function in Qlik. See this for help: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2021/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/ScriptPref...

As you will see Dual will create both a TEXT representation and a numerical version so April will be the 4'th month instead of the first. 

Search for examples of Master Calendar to see several ways to use it.