Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MTS95
Contributor III
Contributor III

Date Range Picker Not Working For My App/Chosen Field?

A client has asked me to create a visualization of which products have been sold on a given date. They have provided me with nearly a decade's worth of data, so naturally, they would like to be able to select specific dates out of the thousands of possibilities. I'm using the date picker tool (ver. 2.27.0) from the Qlik Dashboard bundle to do this. However, it does not seem to work when I try to select a range of dates.

two.PNG

In the above picture, I am selecting 2012-02-21 through 2012-02-24. These four dates are a deeper color black that the other surrounding dates, which I assume indicates that these dates are values in a row/occurrence somewhere within my dataset.

three.PNG

However, the above picture is the result of my selecting 2012-02-21 through 2012-02-24. There is no change in the pivot tables.

--------

four.PNG

When I attempt to select a more recent date, choosing 2022-09-01 through 2022-09-20...

five.PNG

...the tool instead selects January of 2021.

I am uncertain why this would be the case. I have had success with the date picker tool in the past.

The field I am using is called TransDate_DateFormatted. I tried to make sure it is fit to be place into the date picker tool by standardizing it in the data load, like so:

Date#(Date(TransDate, 'DD/MM/YYYY'), 'DD/MM/YYYY') as TransDate_DateFormatted

Please let me know if you have any insight into fixing this issue, or if there is a way I would be able to recreate the date picker tool another way.

Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Replies