Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikegrattan
Creator III
Creator III

Date Range Picker does not recognize date field

The new Date Range Picker in Qlik Sense Enterprise November 2018 is not recognizing one of my fields as a valid date field.  The field is created during the data load as:

Date(ReceivedTime)

The format of the field prior to Date conversion is DateTimeStamp.  The field looks right in a table, and I can select dates manually from a filter panel or from the filter on the column in a table, but it is not listed as a date field in the date range picker.  I tried using the custom configuration and manually edited the date range picker to use my field, but it doesn't allow a range of dates to be selected.  It will work when choosing Last 30 Days, but not an actual date range, the dates are not able to be selected and are grayed out.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Try changing the load script to:

Date(floor(ReceivedTime))

View solution in original post

7 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Try changing the load script to:

Date(floor(ReceivedTime))

mikegrattan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

That worked.  Thanks!

piotrekc
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi,

In my case I have null values in field and Qlik doesn't regonise this as 'data' type and doesn't show it in range picker.

I solve this by add this line:

TAG field [date field] with '$date';

imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Awesome.

Thanks for your answer here.It saved my lot of time for which i was scratching my head.

tasheer10
Contributor
Contributor

Where should I add that line?

imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

You can add it anywhere but make sure he field or table  has to be Loaded.

sri94aa
Contributor
Contributor

Actually this answer made my day!