Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oliver1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Demand per Month

Hello,

I have a delivery positions table with "material id", "order date" and "order quantity". In another table there is also the "materialgroup id" for each material, I want to calculate the avg demand for each month and for each material group.

Example:

material idorder dateorder quanity

material idmaterial group
001A
002B

So in this example i should get:

Group A: 
130 for January
50 for February

Group B:
120 in January

Thanks for your help!

11 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

What is format you are expecting output? PFA

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Oliver1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I also have forecasts for each material group and month and I want to calculate how accurate the forecasts are so in the end the output should be percentage

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Better, If you could supply the outcome as well?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Oliver1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

For example, when my forecast for group A in January is 120 then my forecast accuracy is 92,31 %.

Calculation:

100-((|demand-forecast|)/demand*100)=92,31%

Anil_Babu_Samineni

What is demand and forecast here?

Oliver1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The demand is for material group per month form the example in my  post and the forecast is from a third table which shows the forecasts for each material group per month.

The result should be the overall forecast accuracy as a percentage.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

You may take care the model, I believe it is already ready. If that is the case, expression I would think like

Num(100-((Sum(TOTAL <Month> demand)-Sum(TOTAL <Month> forecast))/Sum(TOTAL <Month> demand)*100),'#,#0%')

Where as Month field calculated from script like

Month(Date(Date#([order date], 'DD.MM.YYYY'),'DD-MMM-YYYY')) as Month

Oliver1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you, but I cant import the date as Month, is thera also a solution where i can use something like month(order date)?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I don't think so, But let's take from other suggestion @Clever_Anjos or @sunny_talwar  etc.