Qlik Community

Ask a Question

App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
April 22, 2PM EST: Learn about GeoOperations in Qlik Sense SaaS READ MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Enriquemmesteo
Creator
Creator

Dimension Filter change One and Only one value property of another Dimension

Hello everyone, I have a problem that needs solving and let's see if you have a better solution than mine.

I am currently working on an app with many visualizations, dimensions and measures and for every visualization, I have different default measures depending on filters like time (if no FY is selected then they show values for current fiscal year, if no period is selected they show value for current period, if no location then they show values for Europe...and so on).

I did this using variables and set analysis mostly but this has led to large code on the measures.

Now to the problem; let's say I have the following scenario:

Let's say I have these 3 dimensions

Example.JPG

What I need to implement is that if you select 'Spain' on the Destination dimension filter, it ignores the One and Only one selected property of the Spain dimension because I need the nulls too.

I would like to avoid going into every measure and use set analysis and getselectedcount, because there are many and the code is rather large due to the several default calculations based on other dimension filters.

Note that they either fill Spain with 'Spain' or leave it blank, and the same happens for Destination.

Thank you very much!

0 Replies