Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris_Elders_VZ
Contributor II
Contributor II

Dimension Limitation

We are currently using a template to create our Dimensions based on a certain account structure.  It is a walk from beginning to ending balance while showing  the variance of each account to walk to get to the new ending balance.  But the requirements are to only show Accounts >= absolute value of $15M, the rest of the balance should go into an "Others" Account.  See below for an example of table.  

I have tried using the Limitation on the Dimension by selecting Relative value that is >= with the Fabs formula, but still doesn't work.

We want to show Accounts A though E, but want Accounts F through J to add up and show only as 1

row labeled as Other.

Next month the Accounts that make up the Other may change, so it is not a static expression. 

Is there some scripting that I have to do, or is there a way to define it in the Expression.

Thank you,

Chris

Example:

Account 1 beginning balance    150,000.00  

Account A    (25,000.00) Show these Accounts
Account B      55,000.00 Show these Accounts
Account C    (18,000.00) Show these Accounts
Account D    (16,000.00) Show these Accounts
Account E      30,000.00 Show these Accounts
Account F        4,000.00 Don't want to show, but want to group into 1 row as Other
Account G        4,000.00 Don't want to show, but want to group into 1 row as Other
Account H        3,000.00 Don't want to show, but want to group into 1 row as Other
Account I      (2,000.00) Don't want to show, but want to group into 1 row as Other
Account J        4,000.00 Don't want to show, but want to group into 1 row as Other

Account 1 ending balance    189,000.00  

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, you can use a calculated dimension for accounts like: Aggr(If(Fabs(Sum(Amount))>15000, Account, 'Others'),Account)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rubenmarin

Hi, you can use a calculated dimension for accounts like: Aggr(If(Fabs(Sum(Amount))>15000, Account, 'Others'),Account)