cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
default_the_pig
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Dimension Top N Help

Hello! Trying to help out a friend here. I'm trying to get the Top 4 based off of a dimension value (1.4, .1.5, 2.1, 2.2). But when I try to do a Top 4, it leaves out 2.1. My guess is that it is doing this because it is getting the top 4 based on the total quantity and not the actual dimension value. Is there to get a top 4 only based on the dimension so I only get the latest 4 dimension values (1.4, 1.5, 2.1, 2.2) in this case within the front end?

default_the_pig_0-1654872024738.png

Labels (1)
3 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @default_the_pig 

I'm not sure I entirely follow what you are aiming for and how it is not currently working. Could you possibly share a QVF to illustrate?

What expression or function are you using to try and get the top four presently?

This thread has quite a bit of discussion around ranking on different dimensions and may be useful:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/Dimension-for-Top-20-Suppliers-by-Spend-and-per-Year...

Hope it helps.

Steve

default_the_pig
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

@stevedark There's no expression that I'm using. It's literally just using the fixed number feature for a dimension, selecting "Top", and then putting in the number 4. I'm using 1 dimension (the sprint value in this case) and 3 measures. But it is ordering based off the measure. 

I'm trying to get the latest dimension value (1.4, 1.5, 2.1, 2.2) instead of (1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 2.1). See how the 1.3 is included and not the 2.2? That is not what I want. 

I can't share the QVF for company reasons. 

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @default_the_pig 

You probably want to change your sort order so that it is sorting numerically descending on that dimension.

Steve