Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lyuben
Contributor
Contributor

Dimension sorting in line chart issue

Dear Qlikers,

I have an issue when sorting using an expression in a line chart. The line chart consists of one Group dimension (Year-Month), one Line dimension (Product) and one Measure (basically sum(Sales) - nothing fancy). When I try to sort the line chart by the Line dimension using the Sort by expression option, with the same formula as the measure, the legend values aren't sorted properly (the lines themselves are). When digging around I found out that this occurs when I place limitation for my Product lines - Top 10. Being sure that I've done this before and it worked - I checked another app that I've made on a different instance on QS version November 2020, Patch 11 and there it works flawlessly. Then I migrated my newly developed app from my dev environment (which is May version, Patch 4) to the other environment (November, Patch 11) and instantly the sorting started working. It seems to me that this might be a bug in the May version - I don't have any other explanation. Have you faced the same issue? Is there a workaround or this should be reported as a bug?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Replies