Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bchip01
Contributor II
Contributor II

Display string as image

Good day

I have quite an interesting project I have been tasked with.  I get a string from a database that looks like this:

oooxxooxxx

oooxxooxxx

xxooxxooxx

I would like to display this into a Qlik app, I'm not sure what the best way is to do this. The o and x will have metadata associated to it (like how many times the o occurs in that position).  The string is always 3 rows by 10 characters long.

I have thought above 2 options so far, the 1st is as a map, but it doesnt seem like this is possible.

My 2nd option is to display this as a grid chart and index each position in a table [Row:1,Col: 1, Value: o, etc]

And then to display each time that "o" in position 2x2 exist 12 times over these 15 items.

Ideally the user wants to see the full image and be able to hover over a specific spot.

Any thoughts / suggestions on how to best address this?

Labels (1)
2 Replies
MarcoWedel

Can you please post some more sample data and describe the possible result?

Are you looking for a Qlik Sense or QlikView solution?

bchip01
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@MarcoWedel 

Hi. Its for Qlik Sense/SaaS

The sample data is as is, not much else to it (3x10 text string).  Its a text file that represents points on grid (filled or not filled).

I tried both ways so far, I converted the text to numerics and then (1)created a point for each character using Geolocation and a for loop (foreach row x col), so I could use the map.

The 2nd way was a grid chart.  With the map chart- Ive got more interactivity and with the grid chart Ive got more metadata that I can show.  Cant really think of any other way to show this, but I think the map will suffice.

Map view:

bchip01_0-1681454673771.png

Grid:

bchip01_1-1681454832729.png