Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
herard_bertrand
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Does it exists a correct syntax to use an action "Go to sheet" with an expression ?

Hello,

I want to use a "Go to Sheet" Action with a Variable.

I'm desperatly fighting with the syntax (And I'm starting to suspect there is a bug).

Let's says you have a sheet Named EXAMPLE. 

I only manage to use the Action "Go to sheet" if the value of the parameter Sheet is exactly EXAMPLE (If I type directly the name on the keyboard), it doesn't works if it's =EXAMPLE or ='EXAMPLE' etc ...

So my concern is, I don't how to use an expression that will returns exactly EXAMPLE (and not even starting with a =   ). As far as I know, a value EXAMPLE without quotes is an error in expressions

Does someone knows how to do this ? 

herard_bertrand_0-1719314916322.png

Just to precise : I've already tried a huge number of syntax (using =, '', ch(39)&, $(), $(=), variables and mixes of all this).

It works easily in QlikView, the main difference is that, in QlikView ='EXAMPLE' works

Best regards

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lennart_mo
Creator
Creator

I can only think of a workaround using 'Go to a sheet defined by sheet ID', where you match the worksheet name from the input to the ID. Trying it with just the name is causing me problems as well.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
lennart_mo
Creator
Creator

I can only think of a workaround using 'Go to a sheet defined by sheet ID', where you match the worksheet name from the input to the ID. Trying it with just the name is causing me problems as well.

anat
Master
Master

can you select the sheet name from the dropdown button.

anat_0-1719323609190.png