Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shi
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Drill Down Map

Hi to everyone!

I have an issue that I don't know how to resolve it.

I have a map with a drill down dimension, from Region to Cities, where I put Automatic as position. I have a problem in a specific case: Puglia is a region in Italy, and Bari is a city inside Puglia. But exists a Region called Bari in Somalia. Then the tool recognizes Bari in Somalia and not in Puglia. 

I want that tool recognizes Bari in Italy with a drill down dimension (from Region to City).

How I can do that?

Thanks a lot!

Labels (1)
1 Reply
stuwannop
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi 

When you have place names that are ambiguous (i.e. more than one place exists with the same name) then you need to specify the country in your data. The best way to do this is to append your data value with ISO codes (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ISO_3166_country_codes

For example, if the data value is "Bari", then Qlik will default to the place in Somalia, not Italy. If the data value was "Bari,IT" (with IT being the ISO code for Italy) then it will map it to your desired place. 

You can append the country names a number of ways and depending on the volume of data pick the best option from: 

1. Change the source data (e.g. excel) - (hard work) 

2. Amend in your script. So: 

LOAD 

City,

Region

FROM xxx 

becomes.... 

LOAD 

City & ',IT' AS City,

Region & ',IT' AS REGION

FROM xxx

** This method will work fine if you are working just with Italian data. 

3. APPLYMAP the ISO Codes into the Region and City field and append them in the same way as 2. 

** Use this if you have data from mu;tiple countries. 

Hope this helps. 

Stu