Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keitaru
Creator II
Creator II

Dynamic 12-Months period window on a Bar Chart

Hi Qlik experts,

Have a question regarding moving 12 month windows.

Have chart below that displays rolling 12 month window.
How do I have the window of the month move based on filter selection also when nothing is selected the chart should show max rolling 12 month to Date, my suspicion is that I need to use of getfieldselection()

Chart Code (Original)
=Date(aggr(only({< Date ={"$(='>=' & Date(AddMonths(Max(AsOfYearMonth), -11), 'DD/MM/YYYY') & '<=' & Date(Max(AsOfYearMonth), 'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}>}MonthName),MonthName),'MMM YY')

Keitaru_0-1717466507542.png

Updated:
Made a variable calling it vMonthWindow. 
=if( len(GetFieldSelections(MnthYr)) <= 0, Max(order_contract_tradedate),
Date(MnthYr,'DD/MM/YYYY'))

Used vMaxMonth instead:
=Date(Max(date),'DD/MM/YYYY')

And Added it to my Dimension:
=Date(aggr(only({< Date ={"$(='>=' & Date(AddMonths(vMovingMaxMonth,-11),'DD/MM/YYYY') & '<=' & Date(AddMonths(vMovingMaxMonth,0),'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}>}MonthName),MonthName),'MMM YY')

Added to Measure instead of Dimension:

=(Count( {<Date={'Settled'},Date ={"$(='>=' & Date(AddMonths(vMaxMonth,-11),'DD/MM/YYYY') & '<=' & Date(AddMonths(vMaxMonth,0),'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}>} ordercontractid) / 100)
+ sum( {1<Date ={"$(='>=' & Date(AddMonths(vMaxMonth,-11),'DD/MM/YYYY') & '<=' & Date(AddMonths(vMaxMonth,0),'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}>} 0)

The Sum({1<...>} 0 ) is a work around in barchart to show months containing null data on the bar chart

when testing out 
Date(AddMonths(vMaxMonth,-11),'DD/MM/YYYY')  and  Date(AddMonths(vMaxMonth,0),'DD/MM/YYYY') individually they seem to be working showing Changes in the dates when certain Filter selection had been done. But when I added it to the chart dimension it d

No MnthYr Period selected:

Keitaru_1-1717472783163.png

random Month Selected (Previous):

Keitaru_2-1717472843588.png

After Implementing the above to the measure instead of the Dimension i got this instead after selecting a filter month.

Keitaru_0-1717476026842.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TauseefKhan
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @Keitaru,

Dynamic Rolling 12-Month Window:

Variable:

vMaxMonth
=if(len(GetFieldSelections(MonthYr)) <= 0, Max(order_contract_tradedate), Date(MonthYr, 'DD/MM/YYYY'))

This variable checks if any month-year filter is selected. If not, it uses the maximum date from the entire dataset.

Dimension: To calculates the rolling 12-month window based on the vMaxMonth variable.

=Date(aggr(only({< Date ={"$(='>=' & Date(AddMonths(vMaxMonth, -11), 'DD/MM/YYYY') & '<=' & Date(vMaxMonth, 'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}>} MonthName), MonthName), 'MMM YY')

Measure:

=(Count({<Date={'Settled'}, Date ={"$(='>=' & Date(AddMonths(vMaxMonth, -11), 'DD/MM/YYYY') & '<=' & Date(vMaxMonth, 'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}>} ordercontractid) / 100)
+ sum({1<Date ={"$(='>=' & Date(AddMonths(vMaxMonth, -11), 'DD/MM/YYYY') & '<=' & Date(vMaxMonth, 'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}>} 0)

******Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.******** 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TauseefKhan
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @Keitaru,

Dynamic Rolling 12-Month Window:

Variable:

vMaxMonth
=if(len(GetFieldSelections(MonthYr)) <= 0, Max(order_contract_tradedate), Date(MonthYr, 'DD/MM/YYYY'))

This variable checks if any month-year filter is selected. If not, it uses the maximum date from the entire dataset.

Dimension: To calculates the rolling 12-month window based on the vMaxMonth variable.

=Date(aggr(only({< Date ={"$(='>=' & Date(AddMonths(vMaxMonth, -11), 'DD/MM/YYYY') & '<=' & Date(vMaxMonth, 'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}>} MonthName), MonthName), 'MMM YY')

Measure:

=(Count({<Date={'Settled'}, Date ={"$(='>=' & Date(AddMonths(vMaxMonth, -11), 'DD/MM/YYYY') & '<=' & Date(vMaxMonth, 'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}>} ordercontractid) / 100)
+ sum({1<Date ={"$(='>=' & Date(AddMonths(vMaxMonth, -11), 'DD/MM/YYYY') & '<=' & Date(vMaxMonth, 'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}>} 0)

******Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.******** 

Keitaru
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Let me try your solution as I came out with my own after trial and error below:

Variable

=Date(max(order_contract_tradedate),'DD/MM/YYYY')

Measure

Count( {1<order_contract_orderstatus={'Settled'}, Date=, Year=, Month=, Date ={">=$(=Date(AddMonths(vMaxMonth,-11),'DD/MM/YYYY')) <=$(=Date(AddMonths(vMaxMonth,0),'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}>} ordercontractid)
+ sum({1<Date=, Year=, Month=, Date ={">=$(=Date(AddMonths(vMaxMonth,-11),'DD/MM/YYYY')) <=$(=Date(AddMonths(vMaxMonth,0),'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}>} 0)

Just that have another issue to due with no data associated to the date that available on the master calendar.