Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
linus_stretch
Contributor
Contributor

Dynamic/Automatic KPI Selector based on Dimension

Hi All!

I'm playing around with an excellent little concept that would be very useful, it might break some fundamental Qlik logic and if so any workaround that could solve the issue is welcomed. I want it easily maintained for hundreds of measures/fields, so I prefer not to use if-statements or case functions.

In the image below is a small snippet of what I'm trying to achieve (column 3), by using a measure similar to column 4. 

linus_stretch_0-1687423047835.png

The first column is a Dimension field containing strings with names of fields. I then want to bring this string into a measure and use its result to bring out the data from that field. 

Here below is an if-statement that brings me the correct value, however, I strongly prefer not having to do an if-statement to achieve this, and would be super nice if I could just do a function similar to =sum([$(=[KPI Measure)]).

linus_stretch_1-1687423311796.png

This is not the only use case I have in mind for a solution like this, so focus on the concept rather than the example I provide.

Best regards,
Linus

Labels (1)
0 Replies