Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anwesha16
Contributor
Contributor

Dynamic Currencies

Hi everyone, 

This is regarding implementing multiple currencies in the dashboard - I’m aware that there are some posts already but some have a QVW file attached as solution and since I use my company laptop, neither can I download them nor provide screenshots. 
However, I’ll try my best to explain the situation and I’ll be glad if any of you could help by writing a few codes or screenshots. 

I am working on a dashboard that shows Actuals vs Budget for many countries. 
Table A has most of the data such as date, month, year, actual, budget, country, currency code, currency symbol, etc. 

Table B has currency code, closing rate, etc. 

Above tables are joined by Currency Code and Month, Year. There is a synthetic key as a result but that’s not affecting my dashboard at the moment as my formula is accurate and results match with source data. 

What I want? 
With each country/currency selection a user makes, the values in the dashboard changes along with the respective currency symbol (base view should be GBP). 

What I’ve tried already? 
1. GetPossibleCount 

2. Creating variables for currency symbol such as only([Currency_Symbol]) in the front end as well as back end and then incorporating them in my formula

3. Commented out SET Money Format in the auto generated code section in DLE

4. Set Number Formatting in the KPI to Measure expression.

Nothing has given me a full proof solution.
Please help if possible.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
brunobertels
Master
Master

Hi 

nice to read that. Add a next comment to post your solution and accept your own post as " accept as solution" so others members will benefits your job 

Regards 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
brunobertels
Master
Master

Hi 

not sure it will help or may be you have already seen this post : 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Documents/Multicurrency/ta-p/1493755 

anwesha16
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you so much. I understand it might be difficult without screenshots or data samples. 
I did try these methods but for some strange reason that didn’t seem to work. 
I did come up with another solution and that worked like magic. I can try and write the code and logic here in the next comment in case it benefits anyone. 

brunobertels
Master
Master

Hi 

nice to read that. Add a next comment to post your solution and accept your own post as " accept as solution" so others members will benefits your job 

Regards 

suneethagandham86
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Anwesha, 

Is it possible to post the solution as I am unable to find the solution. Thanks in advance