Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moshé
Contributor II
Contributor II

Dynamic Range Table Qlik Sense

Hello guys,

I'm trying to do a small project for which I need to create a table with dynamic length in the view, I explain:

I want to use one of the extensions that allow the user to change the value of a variable and, based on that value, generate a table with that length, that is:

if a user selects value 10 the table should have 10 lines, if he selects 20 he should have 20 lines, etc.

dynamictable.png

Any ideas on how to do this? Thank you.

Labels (3)
3 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

What should be the data on those rows?

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
moshé
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Well, I'm leaving the solution to the problem here in case it helps anyone.

Finally what I have done is to generate in script many "empty" lines to which I have added by means of a "left join" the columns that I am going to fill in the view later, here an example:

script.png

ater what I have done is to control with the field "id" the number of lines to show, because I have tried to do it with the option to limit that appears in the option menu of the dimension but it was giving me problems.

Therefore, by means of a simple "if" type sentence smaller than the ID (to indicate the lines that I want to show) a table with the searched length is kept

moshé
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

thank you also for your interest in helping