Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hacr
Creator
Creator

Dynamic filter-pane updating in run time (possible?)

Hi all

I was wondering if it's possible to genereate the filter values during runtime, based on the selection of a user.

The scenario includes at hierarchical filter - and I would like to hide the SUB-values, until the main group is selected. simplified like this:

Filter:

A
- AA
-- AAA
B
- BB
-- BBB
C
D

The Initial filter should then show A, B, C, D and pressing A would reveal -AA in the list.

Was looking into variables evaluating wether or not a value is selected, returning -1 or 0.  Next step would be to filter the list, or maybe generate the list of values in a variable? But didn't succeed in passing a variable as input to a filter 🙂

Maybe it's not even possible, as the filter needs to reevaluate at every selection

Thanks in advance.

Labels (4)
2 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi 

if you load your values to two separate fields : 

parent and child 

and you use those fields to build a drill down dimension in master items 

then use this master item in a filter pane , 
when you'll select one parent automatically the filter pane will display the child field  

hacr
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you for the reply. It would work if the other values should be hidden after selection, but I'm interested in having one list with the previous values as well.

Initial Filter:
A
B
C

Press the A and the filter is updated to:
A
-AA
B
C

I've partly solved it by using variables, defining my FIlter like;

=If(Match($(vFilter), 'A'), if(Filter LIKE '*--*',null(),Filter),if(Filter LIKE '*-*',null(),Filter))

I need to tune my variables, but the effect is working