Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic filtering

Hello,

I started creating a dynamic dashboard. The first issue that Im facing is that i want to have a selectable time period for data submission and in turn recalculate all the visualizations to the 'current' state.

The first visualization I wanted to prepare this way is to calculate count of current active contracts for individual subscribers. Active contract is a contract that has been updated during the last 3 months (has available snapshots).

In my example it would be:

count (distinct (if(SnapshotDate>=addmonths(now(),-3), ContractCode)))

This gives me a measure I can use along with dimension SubscriberName, to see how many contracts are active right now.

I want to use similar measure for any selected time period through filtering SnapshotDate. If I select Jan - May 2015, I want to count all the contract with SnapshotDate >= addmonths ('2015-05-01',-3)

So far I found only this answer:

addmonths(

if(Left(GetFieldSelections(SnapshotDate),3) = 'NOT',

max({<SnapshotDate-={$(=SubField(GetFieldSelections(SnapshotDate),'NOT ',2))}>} SnapshotDate),

max(SnapshotDate)), -3)

But I am unable to use it in the same way I am using the simple measure above, not even as a variable.

I am unable to come up with the solution myself as I am pretty new to Qlik Sense. Id very much appreciate any help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be try this using set analysis:

Count(DISTINCT {<SnapshotDate = {"$(='>=' & Date(AddMonths(Max(SnapshotDate),-3), 'DateFieldFormatHere') & '<=' & Date(Max(SnapshotDate), 'DateFieldFormatHere'))"}>} ContractCode)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be try this using set analysis:

Count(DISTINCT {<SnapshotDate = {"$(='>=' & Date(AddMonths(Max(SnapshotDate),-3), 'DateFieldFormatHere') & '<=' & Date(Max(SnapshotDate), 'DateFieldFormatHere'))"}>} ContractCode)

Not applicable
Author

Thank you, I didnt know how to write it formally.