Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
merlephil
Contributor II
Contributor II

Dynamic logical operators

Good Morning,

merlephil_0-1637076688348.png

In a set analysis i want to list every record that don't match the condition, right column and left column being compared with the operator in the center column.

Can you help me ?

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

I'm not quite sure what do you want to achieve but I think it's not possible with set analysis because it's designed to evaluate the conditions on a column-level and not on a record-level. This means you would need an if-loop approach - whereby you couldn't simply add: col1 & col2 & col3 to get a calculation else this would be regarded as a string-concatenation. To get this evaluated within the UI you will need some more efforts maybe with pick(match()) constructs which is rather not very performant and surely not want do you intent.

IMO much better would be you perform this task within the script per evaluate() within a boolean flag-field which you could then use within the set analysis or as direct selection from a listbox.

- Marcus 

merlephil
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for your answer, I will do it within the script the way you suggest. I've been stucked into trying to do it through the UI for one day with no result.