Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonathan_Alm
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Dynamic number of x-axis columns on bar chart

Hi,

There is a possibility to change the maximum number of columns in a bar chart (see image below).

Jonathan_Alm_0-1673942547293.png

I have a bar chart which is a drill down-chart (hierarchy-dimension). First dimension is month.  If i select maximum number = 12, then the bar chart will stretch and use all the space.
However if I click on month, the chart will drill down to date. Then only 12 dates are shown.
If I select automatic in number of axis value, the month view will not be strectched and only uses 2/3 of the diagram making it look quite funny.

Is there a way to make maximum values more dynamic with an expression - so in  month view, it will use 12 and in date view it will be 31?

Kind regards, Jonathan

Kind regards 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

since it's a drilldown, GetSelectedCount() will work

=if(GetSelectedCount(Month),31,12)   

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Use GetObjectDimension() as  below to check which dimension is being used

=if(getobjectdimension(0)='Month',12

,if(getobjectdimension(0)='Date',31,ELSEValue) )

Vineeth Pujari
Jonathan_Alm
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi,

It looks like it should work. If i put the expression in a table it computes perfectly, but when I put it in the line chart it only falls back on 3 (only three dimensions in line chart.

See image below. Am I doing something wrong here that is obvious to you?

Jonathan_Alm_1-1674046736837.png

Kind regards, Jonathan

marcus_sommer

Regarding to the help this function couldn't be applied within all chart-parts and I assume the maximum number belonged to the not supported ones: GetObjectDimension - chart function | Qlik Cloud Help

Without supporting the function within the various meta-data areas of a chart and the earlier in QlikView working second parameter (Object-ID to call the function from the outside of the object) and also not supporting features like getcurrentfield() it seems not be possible - at least not with the standard dimension-groups.

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

since it's a drilldown, GetSelectedCount() will work

=if(GetSelectedCount(Month),31,12)   

Vineeth Pujari
Jonathan_Alm
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks, works like a charm

Kind regards, Jonathan