Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

ErrorMode in Qlik Sense not the same as in QlikView

Hi @ all.

I'm working at a problem, maybe there is a solution.

I'm loading datas from a web file, this works fine.

Unfortunately, the file name is changing. So for example 

Data_202101080700.csv  -> that's normal syntax, date and hour, minutes are normally 00.

But for some reasons, the file is created a few minutes later, so the filename is changed to

Data_202101080903.csv

When loading webfile or on ftp-servers, you can't do a load from Data*.csv, you have to give the extact filename.

In QlikView, I set errormode=0, do a loop on the minutes and the script is working.

In Qlik Sense, if the first loop doesn't find a file, there is an error. Even with errormode = 0

filesize() or filetime() doesn#T work also, so I have no further idea how to solve that.

Any ideas?

Regards

Labels (1)
1 Reply
marcus_sommer

From the help description the feature itself should work like in View. But maybe there are any dependencies like enabling the legacy-mode or any other settings. Helpful may also some checks if ERRORMODE in general doesn't work or maybe only in some cases. The idea behind this check is that certain parts of the script might be handled on a different layer as in View, for example the force of creating lib:// which might not be covered from the ERRORMODE. If it's in general not worked and there are also no further settings to enable it - then it's probably a bug.

Workarounds may be to pull the appropriate respectively all files from the ftp with mget or similar measures:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/ssw_ibm_i_71/rzaiq/rzaiqmget.htm 

to a local storage which could be then read with filelist() and also allowing functions like filetime() and so on.

By files from a web-server you may read at first a list from them which files are available to be able to pick the right ones. AFAIK the ways to get such listing is quite different depending on what kind of web-server is in use.

- Marcus