Skip to main content

App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
QlikWorld 2023, a live, in-person thrill ride. Save $300 before February 6: REGISTER NOW!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m_perreault
Creator III
Creator III

Execution Finished but Task Failing

Hi All,

I have two tasks scheduled in the QMC which have failed several days in a row and I am trying to understand why.  They are not particularly intensive loads.  When I click the i icon in the QMC on the task the message relating to the fail is 'Message from ReloadProvider: The sequence of events was not completed. Check engine or script logs.' When I check the script log script log the last line of the log is 'Execution Finished' and there is no reference as to why the load failed.  Has anyone experienced this before?

Thanks,

Mark

15 Replies
janethlh
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Zm, we had raised support case to Qlik support but still haven't get permanent solution yet.

Our problem is the reload task failed with FinishedFail when execution finished without error shown in script logs. The app size of our app is about 15GB. Previously never experience this problem in previous QS April2018 at Windows Server 2012 R2. But we're facing this issue now in QS February2020 Patch6 in Windows Server 2016 Standard although we had added SA_SCHEDULER as ADMIN rights in Section Access as per suggestion from Qlik community post.

Our temporary workaround solution is to create this app as a new app to load the QVDs. Weird thing is this new app reload task is finished successfully at the first run in QMC. But it will fail at the next scheduled run. As a result, we force to create it as a new app in every days (because our one is daily dashboard) in order to load the QVDs for our end users before this problem be solved.

What about your problem?

gustavgager
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Im having the same issue on an older installation. Did anyone find a solution or a feasble workaround? Or did it get solved with a newer version?

kazutaka_yorozu
Luminary
Luminary

I'm having the same problem with the May 2021 version.

The slight difference is that the error does not occur every time, but is extremely rare. It's about 1% of the time.

If I rerun it, it succeeds, but I'm having trouble getting the subsequent task of the event trigger to work.

The execution environment is AWS EC2, and the QVF file is stored in EBS and attached to the Central Node.

Udo
Contributor III
Contributor III

Same problem here. Any updates on this? We are relying for alerting on the status of the tasks overview. It is frustrating to see, that the app basically reloaded correctly (in the task log) but the status in the Tasks section of the QMC says "Failed". Running Qlik Sense Feb 2021 (14.5.10)

kazutaka_yorozu
Luminary
Luminary

In my environment, it no longer occurs.

The problem was occurring in a multi-node environment where QVF files were placed on the Central node.

When I made the Central node not to do any task processing or computational processing and to use almost no resources, the problem stopped.

If your Central node is very busy, you may want to give it a try.

Tooor
Contributor II
Contributor II

We had this problem and we managed to solve it. It was a large app (20GB). Some nights it would load OK, some nights it would fail - but we  when it failed, we would get "Execution finished" in the log.

We figured it was related to the saving of the app (or perhaps the reading/writing of QVDs), so we turned off virus scanning for all qlik related files on the windows server. (Search for System Center Endpoint Protection and just add paths to all Qlik and QVD related files in Settings-->Exclude files and locations.) 

After that, all loads have been stable.