Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skafimn
Contributor
Contributor

$() Expansion is ignoring the dimension filters in a chart table

Hello Qlik lovers, I have an interesting case that I came across and I hope you can help me solve it.

For this case, I am trying to filter against a numeric field [KPI_Code]

I created a Table and inserted [KPI_Code] as a Dimension.

I have 2 expressions, the results are in the table below

Expression A: Max(KPI_Code)

Expression B: Aggr(Only({<KPI_Code={"$(=Max(KPI_Code))"}>}KPI_Code),KPI_Code)

when I use a dollar sign expansion, it always gives me the maximum number in the dataset, disregarding the dimension value.

How can I use $() and still get values just like in Expression A ???

------------

Note: I need to use the $() because I need the output value inside a variable to call its expression

Example: vKPI_$()_Expression

if the $() resulted in 1001 then the variable would become  vKPI_1001_Expression and I would use it's saved expression output in the cell beside its corresponding KPI_Code

KPI_Code Expression A Expression B
  1004 1004
1001 1001 -
1002 1002 -
1003 1003 -
1004 1004 1004
Labels (1)
2 Replies
BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

=Aggr(Max({<KPI_Code={"$(=Max(KPI_Code))"}>} KPI_Code), KPI_Code)

marcus_sommer

Th $-expansion creates an adhoc-variable which could have only a single value at a time - and this is calculated before the chart and then applied to all rows.

Beside this you couldn't any condition within a set analysis which needs to respect the dimension-values because it worked like a selection on a column-level. To consider any row-level conditions you will need an if-loop.

In your case you may need an expression like:

if(Code = 1001, $(vKPI_1001), if(Code = 1002, $(vKPI_1002), ...))

which is probably not what you want to do.

I suggest that you consider to change the approach completely and moving the expression-logic into the dimensional layer within the data-model.