Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim_Ogilvie
Contributor II
Contributor II

Export to Excel - Additional Rows are Added

Hi all,

I am seeing some unexpected behaviour in Qlik Sense when downloading a straight table to Excel.

In the screenshots below, you can see the "Year" filter on my straight table in Qlik (2018 - 2022 inclusive) there are no missing values being shown at all.

Next to this is a filter in Excel on the same field after the table has been downloaded. As you can see there are now additional data, where the "Year" is missing.

I am observing the same behaviour on other dimension fields too. However, the measure fields reconcile exactly back to Qlik...

Thanks in advance,

Jim 

Jim_Ogilvie_1-1655116957815.png

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

Your filter is showing five values - 2018-2022. Your Excel export is showing the same five values, and in addition, at least one row where the Year value is null. This doesn't seem to be inconsistent, as null is not something you can filter on and thus will not appear in a filter.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Your filter is showing five values - 2018-2022. Your Excel export is showing the same five values, and in addition, at least one row where the Year value is null. This doesn't seem to be inconsistent, as null is not something you can filter on and thus will not appear in a filter.

marcus_sommer

This are NULL (values) which aren't accessible in Qlik - but if they are there through the combination of fields they will be exported with the replacement-char of '-'. From the Qlik perspective it's correct and the intended behaviour and nothing is wrong.

If you don't want this result you need to investigate your data-model and/or the data-quality to find the cause for the non-matching of field-combinations and to decide if you really want to change it and which ways are possible and suitable for it.

- Marcus

Jim_Ogilvie
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Many thanks, I hadn't appreciated this nuance.