Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sengy
Contributor
Contributor

Extension custom - filter values from user choice

Hello,

I am new to the QlikSense environment.

I work with a custom extension, implemented with js (use Enigma and JQuery).

The extension is used to create containers with some values ​​chosen from a main list of values.

Now I want to manage a filter of these values ​​in the main list, the filter is chosen by the user; when the user chooses a filter value, the main list should contain only a few filtered values.
Now the extension is implemented with these dimension objects:
"qDim": {
"title": "",
"qGroup": "N",
"qFieldDef": [],
"qFieldLab": []
}

qDimenListDef: {
"qType": "dimen",
"qDat": {
"title": "/ title",
"tags": "/ tags",
"grouping": "/ qDim / qGroupin",
"info": "/ qDimInfo"
}
}

and after the socket call, use this statement to get and show the values:

layout.qDimenList.qItems.forEach (function (row) ...});

Show all values ​​(they are the descriptions of the articles), instead I want to show only some filtered values; my problem is that the value of the filter chosen by the user is not associated with this description of the articles (for example if the user chooses the year 2015, the descriptions are in the qvd table with the year 2015 but for now in this extension there is no association between year and items), so I want to look for these values ​​in the QVD and put them in the main list; or it could read only the values ​​filtered by the first socket call (maybe it's the best choice).

Online I read that a "hypercube" object is used to manage multiple objects from the tables read from the qvd, but I'm not sure this is the right choice. Anyone have any ideas? I hope I explained myself well enough.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

1 Reply
sengy
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Is there a method that create an object with 2 fields column from table?

Now my object have only one column field, if this field binds with the year value (it read from table), I could filter items from year.

any suggestions?