Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tommyl
Creator
Creator

External grouping according to fields

Hello experts,

I need your help about creating a grouping in the pivot table.

I have a data like:

Table1:

Load

fileName,

Company,

totalActivity,

totalDuration,

totalcharge,

billedActivity,

billedDuration,

billedCharged

from....

I have a graph like:

FileNameCompanyTOTALBILLED
totalActivitytotalDurationtotalchargebilledActivitybilledDurationbilledCharged

I created a pivot table and created a new table like:

Load * inline[

Category, field

'TOTAL', totalActivity

'TOTAL', totalDuration

'TOTAL', totalcharge

'BILLED', billedActivity

'BILLED', billedDuration

'BILLED', billedCharged

]

This turns out to be far from what i need. 

Could you please help me?

Regards,

7 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

What is the expected now?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
tommyl
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello,

How can i add a field with the values  'Total' and 'Billed' so that when i add this dimension to the pivot table as Column, related group will be done over the measures i sent above. 

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Like this?

Group.PNG

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
tommyl
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes, that's the one. 

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Check this attachment

If(Match(Category, 'BILLED'), Pick(Match(field, 'billedActivity','billedCharged', 'billedDuration'), Sum(billedActivity), Sum(billedCharged), Sum(billedDuration)),
If(Match(Category, 'TOTAL'), Pick(Match(field, 'totalActivity','totalcharge', 'totalDuration'), Sum(totalActivity), Sum(totalcharge), Sum(totalDuration))))

Or

If(Match(Category, 'BILLED') and Match(field, 'billedActivity'), Sum(billedActivity),
If(Match(Category, 'BILLED') and Match(field, 'billedCharged'), Sum(billedCharged),
If(Match(Category, 'BILLED') and Match(field, 'billedDuration'), Sum(billedDuration),
If(Match(Category, 'TOTAL') and Match(field, 'totalActivity'), Sum(totalActivity),
If(Match(Category, 'TOTAL') and Match(field, 'totalcharge'), Sum(totalcharge),
If(Match(Category, 'TOTAL') and Match(field, 'totalDuration'), Sum(totalDuration)))))))

tommyl
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Anil, 

I tried your solution but i couldnt manage it. Could you please check below too?:

* I need to keep the table i created in the load editor(with the category and field values), right?

* I need to use either of your expressions as a calculated dimension, right?

* I wrote the dimension names within '', is it correct too?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

* I need to keep the table i created in the load editor(with the category and field values), right?
Right

* I need to use either of your expressions as a calculated dimension, right?
Dim 1 - fileName
Dim 2 - Company
Dim 3 - CATEGORY
-- where as Dim 3 created in script with
Load * Inline [
CATEGORY
BILLED
TOTAL
];
Dim 4 - field

Expression -
If(Match(Category, 'BILLED'), Pick(Match(field, 'billedActivity','billedCharged', 'billedDuration'), Sum (billedActivity), Sum(billedCharged), Sum(billedDuration)),
If(Match(Category, 'TOTAL'), Pick(Match(field, 'totalActivity','totalcharge', 'totalDuration'), Sum (totalActivity), Sum(totalcharge), Sum(totalDuration))))

* I wrote the dimension names within '', is it correct too?
I hope, Second point will concur the same