Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kanth
Contributor III
Contributor III

Field Values to be group and name it differently

Hi Team, 

I am very new to the Qlik Sense, have a requirement to group the values in a field. we have 'product version '  field under lot of values (below snap) we have to group a few of the values into multiple groups and use that grouped field either visualization or filter. how can we achieve this in Qlik sense? 

kanth_0-1639372264930.png

we need to achieve the group values like below snap each group has multiple product version values were there. 

kanth_1-1639372427254.png

10 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Do you have access to data that holds the relations  between build and group? 

If you do then you need to load that data using the  build ID as your associated  field.

Load BuoldId as %BuildId, BuildId, AbcField From InitialData;

Load BuildId as %BuildId, BuildGroup From BuildGroupData;

If you don't have access to the BuildGroupData then you might consider creating it in an Excel or inline in the script.

To get that three view in your visualisation you can use a pivot table object.

kanth
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Vegar,

Thanks for your reply !

I want to create a group filed in front end on the fly,  I don't want to do in script. and use that filed in filter selection. can you please let me know is it possible to do in front end , if yes give any example .qvf file it will be more helpful 

Appreciate your quick response  !

anat
Master
Master

if(pv>='15.6.3033' and pv<='15.6.3060','GRP1','GRP2')

can u pls try like above or create same  in excel and map to source data

kanth
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Anat,

Thanks for your reply!

This will work for only two or less than 10 values. above example is simple one I've other groups in that groups has more than 100 values were there. it is possible to add 100 values in the calculation. is there any simple way to do the grouping instated of calculations. 

If there can you please give me the sample .qvf file and steps. 

Appreciate for your quick response!

kanth
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Experts, 

Any solutions?

Vegar
MVP
MVP

I would really recommend you to do this in the script if there are a lot of values. 

What about if you introduce an simple input document such as csv or excel where you can configure your relations.

ID Group
15.23.20056 2017-01-19 - Jan QFE  -Public Release
15.6.30280 2017-01-19 - Jan QFE  -Public Release
14.0 2015-01-01 - Jan QFE - Another release
etc... etc...

Then changing/adjusting the groupings are  in the script. but close to hand for the developer who wants to adjust the groups. 

kanth
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

input document will not allow, is there any chance to do in front end instead of script?

Vegar
MVP
MVP

100s of values will be hard to handle, but to avoid 100s of nested if() statements you could try an pick (match()) approach  or a pick(wildmatch()).

pick(

match([ProductVersion],'15.23.20056','15.6.30280' ),

'2017-01-19 - Jan QFE  -Public Release',

'2017-01-19 - Jan QFE  -Public Release')

kanth
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Instead of writing any IF stat is there any other way ? if not please give me details stepts how to write in script, if you have any example file please share the same.