Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mainfelder
Contributor
Contributor

Filter Table by Date in Expression Editor

Hello Guys,

unfortunately i have a problem which i cant solve for weeks.

I have 3 columns in my table: PrNum, StartDate and Enddate. I just want to filter the data in the express editor not in the script like in the following:

Example Data:

PrNum,StartDate,EndDate

I want to say in the express editor or on the analyze site, that when i enter a date like 30.10.2020 then it would be a date between the fields StartDate and EndDate of row 1. Result in the sheet should be obviously this then:

Can you please explain how i can do it. I tried many expression but none of them worked and would be very happy if some could explain it to me. If its possible where to put the expression. I always put the expression in the expression editor from column PrNum

Thank you in advance!

2 Replies
eddie_wagt
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

This depends on how your datamodel looks like, especially how your calendar links to the tables. And it depends what you mean by 'entering a date'. Without the datamodel as example (qvf) it is hard to give you a good advice. However my best advice I can give, solve it in the script and not in the front-end. 

Mainfelder
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you for your answer MR.wagt 🙂

Unfortunatly i cant post the datamodel because it contains sensible data, but i solved it in the script already with this code:

Where Date(Startdatum,'MM/DD/YYYY') <= Date($(TestDatum),'MM/DD/YYYY') and Date($(TestDatum),'MM/DD/YYYY') <= Date(Enddatum,'MM/DD/YYYY');

now i want this in the Front-End because its take 2 minutes in the script to run the data and when i want to change the date (TestDatum) then i have to run to script again. So if there is a solution to my problem in the front-end, then i would be very happy.