Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smarties
Contributor II
Contributor II

Filter a Chart Table of Dimensions based on a Field NOT in the Table

Hi,

I would appreciate some help. I can't see the answer.

I have a sheet with a bunch charts and filters. All works lovely. I want to add a table that lists the records associated with the current state selection (only dimensions, no aggregation, no measures) AND apply an additional selection for the table only (doesn't change the state selection) based on a field that is NOT part of the table (i.e. I don't want the user to see this additional field). This is a permenant additional selection.

I've tried a bunch of things with the Only() function, making one of the fields a Measure, and using Set Analysis. I can't get there.

Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Use a calculated dimension 

=Aggr(only({<OtherDimension={'value1','value2'>} SomeDimension)

Then uncheck Include null values for this dimension 

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
smarties
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks @vinieme12. Unfortunately, I'm struggling with your suggestion.

I thought the functions Only and Aggr could only be used with a Measure. I've not seen them used with a Dimension.

I get what I want from the QVF attached - using the Only function with set analysis on a Measure. However I get a column I don't want. It's not the end of the world, but it's a column that could cause confusion with users and I want to avoid it.