Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yorick_Stevens
Partner - Contributor III

Filter on Calculated Variable in Set Analysis

Hi All,

I'm constructing a table for our travel team, analyzing the expense cities to where we travel.
One of the calculations i make is suggestion new expensive cities to be considered in our travel policy. (the result of the measure is a 1 or a 0, the variable is called vNewExpensive

Now i would like to filter on these in set analysis for my further calculations.
Currently I have something like this: [DestinationCity] = {"=$(=$(vNewExpensive))<1"} in my set analysis, but it doesn't seem to work

vNewExpensive has the following expression:
if(
//Service Length has to be longer than 20
Sum({< [ReferenceDate.Calendar.DateNum] = {">=$(=$(SelectedDateMinYTM))<$(=$(SelectedDateMaxYTM))"},ExpenseFlag={'0'}>} ServiceLength) >= 20
AND
//# Booking shas to be bigger than 0
Count({< [ReferenceDate.Calendar.DateNum] = {">=$(=$(SelectedDateMinYTM)) <$(=$(SelectedDateMaxYTM))"},ExpenseFlag={'0'}>} Distinct ReservationNumber) >= 0
AND
//Difference between the Q3 of this destination and the 'Overall Q3' has to be bigger than 0
//Normal 3rd Quartile
Avg(Aggr( NoDistinct
Fractile( {< [ReferenceDate.Calendar.DateNum] = {">=$(=$(SelectedDateMinYTM)) <$(=$(SelectedDateMaxYTM))"},ExpenseFlag={'0'}>} ClientNormalizedPrice,0.75)
,[DestinationCity]))
-
//Overall 3rd Quartile
Avg(Aggr( NoDistinct
Fractile( {< [ReferenceDate.Calendar.DateNum] = {">=$(=$(SelectedDateMinYTM)) <$(=$(SelectedDateMaxYTM))"},ExpenseFlag={'0'}>} ClientNormalizedPrice,0.75)
,"Service SubCategory")) > 0
,1,0)

Hoping anybody can help
Greetings Yorick

3 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

@Yorick_Stevens  I don't think set analysis will work here but you can use expression like below

if(
//Service Length has to be longer than 20
Sum({< [ReferenceDate.Calendar.DateNum] = {">=$(=$(SelectedDateMinYTM))<$(=$(SelectedDateMaxYTM))"},ExpenseFlag={'0'}>} ServiceLength) >= 20
AND
//# Booking shas to be bigger than 0
Count({< [ReferenceDate.Calendar.DateNum] = {">=$(=$(SelectedDateMinYTM)) <$(=$(SelectedDateMaxYTM))"},ExpenseFlag={'0'}>} Distinct ReservationNumber) >= 0
AND
//Difference between the Q3 of this destination and the 'Overall Q3' has to be bigger than 0
//Normal 3rd Quartile
Avg(Aggr( NoDistinct
,[DestinationCity]))
-
//Overall 3rd Quartile
Avg(Aggr( NoDistinct
,"Service SubCategory")) > 0,

[DestinationCity]  )

Yorick_Stevens
Author

Hi Kush,

How would you u suggest to filter on the following measure

Avg(Aggr( NoDistinct
,"Service SubCategory"))

Thanks in advance

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

@Kushal_Chawda Any chance you can swing back by on this one to check the last update by the poster to see if you can add any further guidance?  Thanks in advance as always and sorry we are still having issues with notifications.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.