Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jerryr125
Creator III
Creator III

Filter on a Dimension - do not allow the filter to effect the chart

Hi - I have  a sheet with a  couple of different charts (Dimension = Status Date).

I add a filter to sheet to filter on Status Date (for another formula).

What if I DO NOT want the filter to effect the charts on my sheet ? how can I do this ? Jerry

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jerryr125
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi - thanks for your help!

Ok I have a dimension that is a date (say statusdate).  

I would like to have a filter on the sheet for statusdate but not filter out two of charts that are related to statusdate.

I don't mind if the other charts filter on statusdate, but two of the are charts are required not too.

Thoughts ? jerry

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

There are many options you can choose

1) Alternate States

2) Restricting the filter filed in set expression

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
jerryr125
Creator III
Creator III
Author

HI - I am not following your recommendation clearly - can you provide an example ?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Instead start in google with key words provided? And also, You can create one sample and ask us to help instead asking from scratch.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
jerryr125
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi - thanks for your help!

Ok I have a dimension that is a date (say statusdate).  

I would like to have a filter on the sheet for statusdate but not filter out two of charts that are related to statusdate.

I don't mind if the other charts filter on statusdate, but two of the are charts are required not too.

Thoughts ? jerry